Allan’s next workshop open to the public will be held in Regina, SK on Sept. 28, 2016.
Please click here for more information.
Empowering People to Live
Countless people are in pain, and yet many individuals lack the tools to manage their pain. They walk through life masking their emotions while they smile on the outside, but cry on the inside. Sadly, many suffer in silence. For years this was me.
After years of walking around like a victim I finally understood that if I wanted change, I was the only person in a position of power to create this change. I discovered that my voice was my greatest tool, and I began to ask for what I needed. Today, I speak in the hopes of empowering others to use their voices in times of need. In the same way, I teach people how to respond to those who are in pain. Nobody needs to be fixed, but the value of being seen and heard is immeasurable.
Life will naturally bring us challenges and stress. However, the key is moving forward so that it doesn’t impact other areas of our lives.
- The Canadian Occupational Safety magazine sheds light on those who are struggling with mental health issues and substance abuse in the workplace
- In the Western Producer I demonstrate how teachers can change a students life.
- My latest interview on addictions and recovery can be found on Addiction Blog
- Lending a friendly ear goes a long way was published in the Canadian HR Reporter.
- Proactively Addressing Addictions in the Workplace was published in the Canadian Occupational Safety magazine.
- Smiling on the Outside. Crying on the Inside was published in the Canadian Teachers magazine.
* Published in the Canadian Occupational Safety magazine February, 2016