For years, Allan suffered in silence as he persevered through the challenges of mental illness and addictions. In the same way, countless employees remain silent about their personal challenges. And while many individuals have great intentions of assisting others who are displaying signs of distress, many fear saying or doing the wrong thing.
Allan’s captivating message empowers individuals to remove their masks and put a voice to their needs. He reminds his audience that nobody needs to be fixed, and shares how one man was able to change his entire life through a simple process. Through a fun and interactive quiz, Allan ensures that all participants walk away with an increased understanding of issues including mental illness, addiction, resilience, and wellness.
Find out what can happen in workplaces when judgement and stigma are replaced with compassion. Reduced accidents, enhanced productivity, less turnover and heightened team morale are all possible.
- Examine the impact that mental health has on the individual, the workplace, and society as a whole
- Understand how to approach and support individuals who are experiencing distress
- Empower individuals to use their voices in times of need
- Recognize how to create an attitude of resilience
- Review 6 key commitments to create wellness in the workplace